War of the Chosen - Season 7 Databank
About this Website
I wanted to create this website, both to give me some experience doing more programming with PHP and databases, but also because I thought it would be fun to have a handy place to look up stats from Christopher Odd's XCOM 2: War of the Chosen YouTube series at a glance.
For season 7, in an attempt to synergize my numbers with Wolfeson's stat gathering, we have agreed to count stats similarly for this season. Below, we explain how different actions are tracked.
Actions that fall into one of the following three categories are counted as a "shot":
- Any shot with a standard gun meant to cause damage to the enemy
- This includes all gun shots towards enemies, shots to explode claymores, shots towards cars or explosives meant to damage enemies, and skills like Charge.
- Actions that fall outside this definition include actions such as Demolition.
- Any non-psionic, chance-based shot with another weapon meant to cause damage to the enemy
- This includes non-guaranteed flamethrower shots, justice and wrath (as the chance-based component of the attack is ranged), and whiplash.
- Actions that fall outside this definition include grenades, rockets, guaranteed flamethrower attacks, and all psionic attacks.
- Any ranged action taken to complete a mission objective that causes damage
- This includes shots taken against mission objectives such as psionic transmitter nodes, destroy device objectives, and the chosen sarcophagus.
Any shot as defined above that is a reaction action will be considered an overwatch shot.
Attacks classified as "other" are attacks that aren't considered shots but are still generally counted for EAS. This includes:
- Melee attacks, including skulljack attacks and bladestorm-like reaction shots
- Chance-based psionic attacks, such as insanity and domination
- Hacking attempts to shut down or take control of enemy units
We attempt to credit all damage caused by units, either directly or indirectly. This includes:
- Any attack that directly causes damage to an enemy unit
- Any attack that results in incidental damage, such as fall damage or explosive damage
- Attacks from Claymores will be credited towards the person who threw the Claymore. If another person triggers the Claymore by throwing a grenade on it, they will get credit for their grenade's share of the damage.
- Status effect damage such as acid, fire, etc. will be credited towards the attacker that caused the enemy to receive that status effect. If an enemy unit is not directly tagged with a status, but is standing on a space that causes it to gain the effect when it moves, the damage is credited toward the attacker. No damage credit is given for enemy units who happen to traverse through status-causing areas afterward.
- Damage done against mission objectives caused by shots as defined under definition (3) under shots is counted.
- Damage from units summoned by a soldier (e.g. Psi Zombies or Templar Ghosts) are credited to the summoning soldier.
- Damage caused by mind controlled or dominated units are not counted towards the controlling soldier.
- Damage caused by Holy Warrior kills are not counted.
- Damage from random environmental effects that soldiers have no control over (e.g. units spreading fire or poison to each other) do not count
- Damage which is absorbed by an enemy unit's shields is counted.
Generally, any kill caused by damage credited towards a soldier as outlined above is also credited towards that player. The only additional note is that while Holy Warrior damage is not credited towards a soldier, the additional kill is credited.
Summoned units such as Psi Zombies that are killed when their controller is killed or disoriented are not counted.
I am also doing my own MVP calculations. While the mod in the game that awards MVP is cool, it can make some really wonky decisions. So I'm doing my own points based MVP calculations, with the following points system:
- Shots with a chance to hit of 61% or above: +1pt for a hit, -1pts for a miss
- Shots with between a 31% and 60% chance: +1.5pt for a hit, no penalty for a miss
- Shots with under a 30% or less chance to hit: +2pts for hit, no penalty for a miss
- Guaranteed shots (that is, shots with no % chance to hit) do not count for MVP stats.
- All overwatch shots, regardless of %: +1pt for a hit, no penalty for a miss
- Other Attacks are awarded 1pt for a hit and -1pts for a miss
- Damage: 1pt for every point of enemy damage, -2pts for every point of friendly fire damage
- Kills: 2pt for Lost kill, 10pts for ADVENT/Alien kill, 15pts for a Boss Pod Leader Kill, 20pts for a Chosen or Alien Ruler kill
- Healing: Each HP healed is worth 1pt
On the Statistics page I have a section for season MVP. That is calculated the same way, except for the following:
- All shots are worth 1pt for a hit and -1pt for miss
- No bonus for Boss, Ruler, or Chosen kills. All Aliens are worth 10 points. Lost are still worth 2 points.
About the Series
Obviously, this series is played by and posted by Christopher Odd, but I wanted to post some possibly useful links about and surrounding it anyway:
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Season 7 Links
- War of the Chosen Season 7 YouTube Playlist
- Season 7 Mod List
- Season 7 Complete Character Pool (Coming Soon)
- Season 7 Roleplay Logs:
Christopher Odd Links
- Christopher Odd's YouTube Channel
- Christopher Odd's Twitter
- Christopher Odd's Discord
- Christopher Odd's Patreon